Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Girls




Addy can support her head well enough now that she can use the bumbo to sit up. Every time we bring out something that Lily used as a baby it's like you can hear her thinking "hey, I remember that thing". She'll watch Addy use it and then the minute Addy's done, Lily is in it...whether the swing, the basket, the bouncy seats, or now the bumbo. Lily is especially interested in Addy lately. There are constant hugs (we have to watch carefully to be sure the hugs don't turn into smothering), kisses, patting, etc. If Addy could talk she'd already be saying "quit touching me, quit touching me" :) Here's the progression from....."Addy can sit in my bumbo" to "I'm waiting for Addy to get out of the bumbo" and on to "Finally, I'm in the bumbo". It doesn't take much to humor us lately!

It has finally been raining here for the last 2 days. Our yard is parched, but it's finally gotten a good soaking. I complained about the rain b/c we were going to festivals yesterday and getting poured on, and I planned a day at the pool today that got rained out....but I really shouldn't complain, the rain was much needed. This is my last week of leave, and then it's back to work next Monday. It's definitely going to be hard to leave the girls all day, but in a way I'm ready to go back to the adult world. So we'll see how it goes!

7 Comments:

At 7:19 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

Sisterly love...so cute!

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love all of the pictures! You look great! Have you gone on your shopping spree yet? Good luck at work this week! I'll be thinking about you!

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Carey said...

I actually still have this week off. I start back to work next Monday. So this week I'm trying to get all the last minute stuff done - doc appts, getting all the paperwork together for day care, etc etc. I did go on my shopping spree, though,...got some fun clothes at buckle and some boring work clothes at Ann Taylor. Have fun next week and I'll see you guys in August!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Oh good. I'm glad you have another week! Daycare is messy! I was trying to get Mike in just a couple days for a few hours so I could go to the gym. Man it's like pulling teeth! All of the paperwork and getting a notary! Geez! I was noticing your shirt in the pic. Is that new? I really like it!

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Nope not new...but some stuff from BP (before pregnancies) hasn't gotten much use in the last couple of years. Can you find a gym that has child care? Our Y and Cardinal both have them there.

 
At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fabulous....and so tan! Can't wait to see you next week! The girls look so happy! Have a great weekend!

Katie :)

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Jordan said...

what a beautiful pair! So CUTE! I can't believe how big lily is getting. Love her "smile" smile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home