Monday, July 16, 2007

Growing and growing




Our friends Richard and Leigh were in town this weekend, but of course I have no pictures of our outings with them. I will try to get Leigh's pics and post some. We went to dinner on Friday night and I spent the whole night outside the restaurant running after Lily. Saturday our friend Neil got married. That wedding was so much fun! The reception was outside at their house. Very low key with a blues band, soul food, and an open bar. We had a blast.

Lily has a new favorite toy...mega blocks. She's quite good at building towers, but that's the only architectural structure she's mastered so far. The blocks came in a wagon that also works like a dump truck - it's not really meant for toddlers.
Addy is growing and growing. She's getting big so fast. Today she almost rolled over. She made it on to her side and then rolled back onto her back. Strong kid.

Lily and Addy have finally adjusted to the new day care. This morning Lily actually ran to the day care lady and wanted to be picked up. That's a major improvement over last weeks meltdowns in the driveway. Well next week and the following week out day care is closed b/c the family goes on vacation for 2 weeks. It'll be interesting to see whether we have to go through the whole adjustment period again or if she's immediately comfortable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the later.

6 Comments:

At 9:53 PM , Blogger Leisha said...

Dear Wongs,
I have to say that the new addition to the family is too cute.. and ms. lily.. well i havent seen her since our wedding.. iyr and 3 months ago.. Cannt wiat to see you all in Sept. for Ana's wedding.. We are going to have a blast..

love,
leisha

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

THEY ARE SO CUTE! Geez, Lily looks like a big kid already! I think Addy and Mike look alike. I can't wait to see them again!

 
At 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leisha - we're so excited to see you in Sept too. It's going to be a fun wedding. Lily is flower girl!
Melissa, I agree....they definitely look alike. I'm going to drive to the Haute one night when you're there for a couple of days in August so I can see you guys.
Carey

 
At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carey,

I agree with Melissa, Addy does look like Mike! This is the first thing I noticed when I opened the page! They are both getting big! We need to do dinner again soon!

Talk to ya later, Katie

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Oh good, I'm so glad you can visit!

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

I love the new pictures. The girls are growing up so fast!!! Very cute! I love the one where Lilian is in the dump truck :) haha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home