Wednesday, August 22, 2007

View from the Front Pack




Addy went on the 5th hike of her life on Sunday. We live right by Fort Harrison State Park. It's a wonderful park with some decent hiking trails. We put Lily in the backpack and Addison in the front pack and took off. We (okay, I) got lost once, but we quickly got back on track. It was about a 2 hour hike and the girls were so good the whole time. They actually love being in the packs and usually never complain when they're being carried in them. I'm sure it's the reason people do chores with babies in front packs, but I'm always worried about the baby falling out if I bend over....so we use them soley for hiking and walking purposes. After we made our way back to our car, we had a picnic lunch and let Lily run wild for a while before nap time. So here are a few pics from our hike and one of the girls just being cute in their elmo chair.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I LOVE the backpack! Your mom turned me on to the idea of doing chores with him in it. Thank goodness! Sometimes it's the only way I can get things done! I love the close up of Addy! So cute!

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger THE SPURLOCK'S said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger THE SPURLOCK'S said...

How brave you and Barclay are, don't know if I'll have the energy to go hiking with two kids. Since my energy is depleting week by week at this point. And...I keep looking...and still no link to my website, just thought I'd throw a reminder out there. by the way I had to delete the first comment because once again I was drinking while writing and words were running together. I hope I return to normal soon...very soon.

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Oh I bet you will...you'll feel so cooped up that you'll NEED to get the kids outside to spend some energy. If everyone is cranky it's a great way to blow off some steam! Thanks for the link reminder...I keep thinking about that and then forgetting. I'll ask Barclay about it soon and we'll get you linked up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home