Monday, January 12, 2009

Here goes nothing....

Here's to hoping that this week is much smoother than last week! Last Saturday Addy got a really bad ear infection. Barclay took her to the doc and got antibiotics, which was great, but she didn't sleep much all week long. She woke up several times a night and slept restlessly the rest of the time. Poor girl - I think her ear was just bothering her even after she got on meds. I also got sick as a dog on Sat night with flu like symptoms. During the Colts game I got the chills so bad that I went to bed (even before the game was over, so you know it was bad!) and didn't get out of bed again until Monday morning. On Monday I started my new job so I really had to force myself to get to work. Needless to say I was a mess, but by Monday at least it had turned into bad cold symptoms so I could manage. Work was insane ( I could go into all the changes, but I'll spare you all) and I was struggling to keep my head above water. Well THEN, poor Lily gets the same thing I had. She got a bad fever on Wed night/Thurs morning. I took her to work with me and we thought she was better. Then she took a turn for the worse on Thurs night. So she was out of day care for 2 days. Friday I capped off the week with a cold sore and a trip to the dentist. Finally by Saturday we were all feeling a little better. Barclay was the only one spared - we're hoping he doesn't come down with anything this week!

To top it all off, our house continues to "break". Our fixed hot tub started leaking again last night and our warping wood floors are becoming a big project too. I had the floor guy come take a look. He said it'll be easy to fix once we find the source of the water problem. Apparently water is somehow seeping in under the wood - so we never see water, but there's water nonetheless.

Tonight I've been up since about 1:00 with a "to do" list a mile long running through my head. I figured I should just get out of bed (now that it's 4:30) and get started on it! Keep your fingers crossed that this week is less eventful than last!

6 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger Megan said...

What's your new job? I feel so out of the loop! Fill me in, sister!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Carey said...

'twas not to be......We got a call from day care at noon ish - Addy had a 102 degree fever. Left work (again) and took her to Dr. Neff. Antibiotic is not working for ear infection...represcribed Now, though, she can't go to day care for 24 hours post fever. I'm going to get fired.

Megan, call me!

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Poor Carey! Lord knows you don't need anymore work drama! I feel so bad for you! I hope everyone is back to normal soon! If it makes you feel better...I hear you are doing a fabulous job! Go girl!!!

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Thanks Katie - no worries, I was just being a whiner. Thank goodness I've snapped out of that mood. Addy should be back at day care in the morning and we can get back to our normal routine.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

With that kind of a week, you deserve to whine! Holy Cow I hope everyone is better soon

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Pam Dechert said...

Brodie got pneumonia over Xmas and I had the same thing..I feel your pain! Hey, I looked at your profile..did you know I went to Saint Mary of the Woods in Terre Haute? A lot of my college friends are from Terre Haute. Small world!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home