Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day



I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day. We did....Addy went potty on the potty for the first time yesterday. She's taken a real interest in Lilian's potty time. Addy follows Lily to the bathroom and says "potty" every time Lily goes in there. She often sits on the little potty while Lily is on the big one. So we were eating breakfast and Addy said "potty" with no prompting. So I took her in the bathroom, put her on the potty, and voila! #1! She hasn't done it since, but she is aware and that's the first step. If she's potty trained before 2 I'll be the proudest mama.

Friday we hung out at home and got Thai carry out for dinner. On Valentines Day we gave the girls their cards and candy, which they ate and ate and ate all day long. They had so much candy yesterday that I hid it from them today. We ran some errands during the day and Barclay made a fabulous dinner for us last night. We watched Somewhere in Time last night. The most low key Valentines day we've had a in long time, but it was nice.

After Sunday School today we went to the Children's Museum. It was a crazy zoo today. We went to see the new lego castle exhibit...it was highly overrated (either that or just flat out too crowded). At one point, after we'd been there for only 45 minutes, Barclay said "this is like the Lord of the Flies, get me out of here". So off we went. We've been vegging out at home again this PM ( I LOOOOOVVVEEE being unscheduled).

During the week things have been so incredibly crazy that it's been nice to have a couple of unhurried weekends in a row. And yes...Abbie...I know I have no life if I put pictures of my kids on the can on my blog!

5 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

If Barclay's assesment is accurate, and the Children's Museum was like The Lord of the Flies, your best bet would have been to find the kid carrying the conch, knock him on the melon, and take the conch for yourself. This way, as per the Law of Flies, you are the only one allowed to speak.

I bought mom a conch in St. Lucia from a local who was trying to sell me marijuana. Then a morbidly obese woman stole it from me on the way home, having intercepted it from the Customs Agent after they took it from me before boarding the flight. Morbidly Obese Lady only succeeded in making it halfway out of the terminal before I caught up with her and demanded the return of my conch. Technically I was breaking the rules by speaking, as I was not in possession of the conch, but this was a special circumstance. Having been abandoned by her husband after he saw me and thought better of a face off, she had no choice but to capitulate, thereby making me Lord of the Flies once again. --Matty

 
At 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hope Addy never becomes famous when she's older or these potty training pictures will resurface when she's on the campaign trail or something. Glad you guys had a good valentine's day. I can't wait t come back and join in on those museum trips!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Abbie said...

i didnt say anything. but you know what im thinking.... tell addy im proud

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Addy is way ahead of ol'Mike. He is not into the potty training at all! Even with a new potty chair and the promise of cool new big boy underwear.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Don't be fooled - Addy only did it twice....now she wants nothing to do with the potty :)

And Matt, I knew that was you posting under Taryn's name before I even read through the first paragraph!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home