Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Weekend






We had such a nice weekend....some of which I got pictures of and some I didn't. Day care was closed on Friday so Abbie and Blake came over and watched the girls. They spent the night on Friday night so we'd have lots of time to hang out. Somehow ever since Abbie left Lily has decided that she wants a pet Duck and she's going to name him Fred....hhhmmm...I wonder where she got that idea??? The Geist 1/2 marathon was on Saturday morning and we walked down and rooted
on the runners.

Saturday evening we hosted a cookout for my coworkers and their family. The weather was absolutely perfect. We had margharitas on the porch and watched the kids all run crazy around us. We also found geezer golf at walmart so we had that set up in the yard. With every margharita my geezer golf skills decline. Anyway, it was a fun evening.

When Abbie was here Addison had a fever that lasted about 24 hours and then she was fine. Lily came down with the same thing after everyone left last night. We give her tylenol and she's fine for about 4 hours until it wears off. I'm hoping she's totally curred after tonight too. An hour ago we had dinner at Betty and Peters and Lily seemed so feverish that she had chills and was shaking. Now she's running around playing. Wierd.

It turns out that Ariel and Lily are a lot alike. Ariel gets stickers when she does something good
. Ariel needs a blanket when she's sick, AND Ariel apparently uses the potty. I went to take out my contacts and walked back out to this scene - Addy unrolled the roll of toilet paper (typical) and Lily had Ariel on the potty seat. My kids are so wierd :) Luckily they "held that pose" long enough for me to grab the camera. Addy's mad b/c she got in trouble for unrolling the toilet paper (again).

I also had to throw in another picture of our new red bud - it's bigger already and it was just planted 2 months ago. Also - big news - we have a new fridge for our garage. It's my favorite appliance!

8 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger THE SPURLOCK'S said...

Hey Carey! love the pictures, I need to get a post up...I haven't found time yet. BUT, funny thing with these fevers- Ella ran one for three days and had no other symptoms, Just a fever....she is fine now. well hope to talk to you soon!
maria

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

hi carey! we need to get together soon! mike and i went to your parents house yesterday. mike played with the turtle your mom is keeping in the house. he loved it! mike also has the same potty chair as lily. unfortunately, he hasn't mastered it like she has. in fact, he couldn't be less interested now!

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

I love your blog! I am addicted at looking at it everyday!! The girls are getting so big! Still planning on Wednesday's purse party! YAY!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Maria - Luv you :)

Melissa - I was just talking to Abbie (literally less than an hour ago) about needing you and her to come up here so we can take the kids to do fun things like the zoo and children's museum. I'd love to have you for a whole weekend, but we could do just a day too!

Katie - I'm so glad you can still come. It's on Thursday, though, not Wed....so I hope that doesn't mess you up!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Also...the turtle is in the house????

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carey- You will drop whatever you're doing right now and go buy me a geezer golf set.

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Yea, I realized this when Jeff reminded me that the email was for Thursday and not Wednesday! No problems here...and if there are then Gabby will just join me!

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Abbie said...

awww poor addy bogga! she didnt mean to roll out the toilet paper! it was a horrible conspiracy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home