Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pensacola Trip








Everyone got together in Pensecola this weekend for a quick spring break getaway. It was so great to have everyone together again! The weather was nice and sunny, but it wasn't warm enough to swim in the ocean. So we hung out in the sun a lot, but didn't do much swimming. Thankfully, they had an indoor pool, so Lily got to swim a few times in there.


We got a big announcement from Joe and Mel. They're having a baby! Yeah! Apparently, Melissa, uncharacteristically turned down a few glasses of wine before we even went out. So some people suspected, but I hadn't a clue.

Richard and Leigh, my friends from Mobile, drove over to Pensecola on Sunday. They brought their two little girls, who were just babies last time I saw them. It was so good to see all of them even if it was just for a quick visit.

Our condo was so nice. I wish I'd taken more pictures of the inside. We spent a lot of time just hanging out there. I'd like to say we slept a lot, but well, the baby doesn't allow for that :) To her credit, though, she did let us go out to eat a couple of times and really maintained her cool. McGuires Irish Pub was great. We went there on Tuesday night. They have a 5 k race every Tuesday, so it was packed with runners wearing green tee shirts and drinking bear. Everyone that goes sticks dollar bills on the ceiling, wall, fans, etc - they're everywhere. Taryn made one for us and stapled it to the wall. Apparently the $ gets taken down and donated to charity every so often. So Matt put about 10 staples into ours :)


9 Comments:

At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times! We've got to plan something similar every yr.

 
At 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just noticed that I wrote "drinking bear". Wouldn't that be a funny site :)

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I knew I could count on you to have your pictures posted!!! I'm so glad you guys got to come. It was lonely laying out today by myself! I wish you could've stayed longer!!!! Well, we miss you already, but hopefully we'll see you all soon!!

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

Thanks for sending all your pics on Snapfish :) I love getting to see all of them!

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had fun...I'm jealous! I bet Lily had fun at the beach-she's too cute!

 
At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note that in the group photo, Taryn has sprouted a small, initiating set of bunny ears.

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Taryn said...

Yes, yes I was the target of the bunny ear trick this trip since I had managed to escape from it the past five year! :)

 
At 12:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home